Thursday, May 15, 2008

My brilliant baby's ever-expanding lexicon



Henry is now able to communicate with me!

What Henry is Saying-----> What he means----->Often accompanied by:
Bawl --------> Ball --------> Pointing and ball throwing
Buuh --------> Book --------> Pounding on the bookcase
Beeh --------> Bird --------> Pointing and squealing at birds
Dah! --------> Dog --------> Pointing and running towards dogs
Aahmoo --------> Cosmo --------> Pointing and running towards Cosmo
AII-ah --------> Maya – our 2 year old next door neighbor --------> Pounding on and peering through the neighbor’s back door.
Aah-Aah --------> All Done --------> Holding hands above head and shaking them (Ok, I admit it, the only way I know that Aah Ahh means all done is because Henry knows sign language for all done.
Mah! --------> More --------> Pointing and sign language for More
My personal Fave: Mamma --------> Mamma! --------> Running towards mamma and hug giving!

No comments: